How to downgrade from Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 10?
As a developer, I found the new Internet Explorer version to be a complete nightmare. I turned the windows feature off, but I wasn't able to install Internet Explorer 10. It says that it's already installed which it is not. Is there a file or a registry entry I should delete as well?
Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and features
Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
Then click on Display installed updates
Search for Internet explorer
Right-click on Internet Explorer 11 -> Uninstall
Do the same with Internet Explorer 10
- Restart your computer
- Install Internet Explorer 10 here (old broken link)
I think it will be okay.
Read more... Read less...
Go to installed updates and just uninstall Internet Explorer 11 Windows update. It works for me.
- Save and close all Internet Explorer windows and then, run Windows Task Manager to end the running processes in background.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs and choose the View installed updates instead.
- Locate the following Windows Internet Explorer 11 or you can type "Internet Explorer" for a quick search.
- Choose the Yes option from the following "Uninstall an update".
- Please wait while Windows Internet Explorer 10 is being restored and reconfigured automatically.
- Follow the Microsoft Windows wizard to restart your system.
Note: You can do it for as many earlier versions you want, i.e. IE9, IE8 and so on.